Sunday, October 09, 2005

Las Vegas

Theresa and I decided to take a weekend trip to Las Vegas. Theresa is one of my high school friends. We stayed at the Mandalay Bay Hotel which was very nice. We got in late on a Friday night and played a few slot machines and ate supper. Saturday we went to the pool area. Mandalay Bay has a wonderful pool area. We did a few laps floating in the lazy river and we ventured into the wave pool also. We ate lunch at the Border Grill and then we walked through Mandalay Bay's Shark Reef. Later that evening, we headed over to Treasure Island. We played a few rounds of blackjack and then ate supper at the Buckaneer Bay restaurant. The food and Asti wine were wonderful! After dinner, we went to see Mystere, one of the Cirque Du Soleil shows. It was great! After the show, we were hoping to see the Sirens of TI show, but it was cancelled due to high winds. I guess the actors can not jump off the boat into the water in "high winds". There were some flags that were standing still so we were surprised that they cancelled the show due to the wind. We went over to the new Wynn hotel to check it out. We were not there at the top of the hour so we missed the fountain show. Then we headed over to the Venetian for a bit and headed home. Our feet were killing us by that time. I don't know how people can walk around all night in Vegas in their high heels!

Sunday we laid out by the pool again in the morning. In the afternoon, we headed to Spa Mandalay. My massage and wrap were wonderful! After the spa, we got ready and headed out for the evening. We walked through all of the hotels on our way to Caesar's Palace. We ate at the Palm Restaurant. Theresa got a filet and I got a ribeye. They were awesome! I have never seen a ribeye that big before! We did a little bit of shopping in the Forum Shops. We went next door to the Mirage and saw Siegfried and Roy's white tiger and watched the volcano erupt. We walked through a few more hotels and made it to Paris just in time for our apple crepes. We were the second to last people to get crepes since they closed at 11 p.m. I got a ceramic Paris balloon mug filled with strawberry daquiri too. We went by the Bellagio to watch the fountains, but the show was cancelled due to high winds. Augh. We headed back to our hotel. Theresa went to bed and I went down to the casino to do some gambling. I did pretty good. I put $20 in a slot machine and cashed out with $100. Then I put $60 down on a blackjack table and cashed out with $400. I was on fire! I was pretty happy with my winnings so I went back to the room and went to bed. On Monday morning, we hit the breakfast buffet and headed to the airport. We were sitting on the wrong side of the plane so we didn't get a good view of the Hoover Dam or Grand Canyon. Oh well. Theresa wouldn't look out the window anyways and I have seen them quite a few times. The trip was a lot of fun and I can't wait to go back again! I have probably been to Las Vegas about 7-8 times now and I still love it!

Not too much else is going on. Stephen was in Seattle this weekend finishing up a conference. He went to Mount Ranier yesterday and did some hiking. It started snowing just as he was leaving. Today he spent most of the day on planes. He flew from Seattle to Dallas (~ 4 hours) and from Dallas to Boston (~4 hours). This should be his last week in Boston. His next project will be in San Diego. That will be a nice place to be this winter. Stephen has relatives in San Diego and L.A. so hopefully we will get to visit them too.

I better get going since I need to do some work tonight. I hope you all had a great weekend! Next weekend, Stephen and I are going to the musical Wicked and the Texas State Fair. I have heard such great things about Wicked so I can't wait to see it.



Post a Comment

<< Home